To ensure a satisfactory result, Precision CabinetMakers recommend that any advice on this webpage be initially trialled on an inconspicuous part of your home prior to commencement. The Precision Cabinet Makers Workmanship warranty applies to the original purchaser of the cabinets, bench tops or doors in residential use for a period of 7 years from the date of installation or delivery. If you believe your cabinets or any part thereof has become defective in its manufacture or installation during the guarantee period, Precision CabinetMakers will inspect the defect and, where deemed appropriate, arrange for repair or replacement of the defective piece. Service required beyond the warranty period and/or outside warranty conditions is available at the prevailing rates. Please read the contents of the “Precision CabinetMakers Care & Protection Guide” carefully. Adhering to the practices contained within will ensure the life of your cabinets.
Guide To Warranty
Guide To Warranty
Precision Cabinet Makers Warranty only applies to the original purchaser and have kept the original purchase receipt or invoice.
Appliances or accessories are not part of our work and therefore not covered under our guarantee – please refer to specific manufacturer’s warranty.
Any replacement products required under the terms of this warranty which have become unavailable or discontinued during the term of this warranty will be replaced or repaired using products which match in shape, size and value as closely as is possible to the original product, determination of which will be at the discretion of Precision Cabinet Makers.
This Warranty includes materials and labour costs required to make good cabinets but excludes material and labour costs for all other trades (plumbers, electricians, tilers, painters etc.), which may or may not be required during the performance of any warranty work.
The guarantee provided by Precision CabinetMakers is based on the requirements as set out in the AS/NZS 4386 and HIA Guide to Kitchen & Bathroom Construction.
Defects must be clearly visible from a distance of 1500mm and in a standing position and must be illuminated by ”noncritical” light, i.e. The light that strikes the surface is diffused and is not glancing or parallel to that surface (not under direct sunlight, spot lamps, wall lights or torchlight).
Australian Consumer Law
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits to you under the warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under the relevant law in relation to the goods or services to which the warranty relates.
The policy of Precision CabinetMakers is one of continued product development; therefore, Precision Cabinet Makers Pty Ltd reserves the right to add, delete or change product specifications or finishes without prior notice.
Our Guarantee Is Subject To The Following Exclusions
- General wear and tear.
- Abrasive or solvent cleaners have not been used to clean tops.
- Negligence to the product.
- Finished surfaces being exposed to excessive moisture or heat, surface cracks, imperfections, colour variations etc., that are common with natural products such as stone bench tops.
- Damage to benchtop joins due to water overflows, heat or steam caused by appliances being placed near joins.
- Damage due to exposure to direct sunlight.
- Cracks in stone benchtops generally associated with ground movement or settlement. Cracks developed in tops after installation are not covered under warranty.
- Joins coming apart are only covered under warranty for the first 3 months after installation, this is generally due to external impact or stress due to ground movement or settlement. Any join repairs required after this period may incur a call-out fee.
- Failure to care and maintain your kitchen in accordance with the attached Precision CabinetMakers Care & Maintenance Guide.
- Faulty materials supplied to Precision CabinetMakers, in which the supplier’s warranty is applicable.
- The warranty will only apply if Precision CabinetMakers is notified within 30 days of the holder of the warranty initially becoming aware of the product failure.